Pastor Robert L. Dent presently is serving as the Assistant Pastor at the University SDA Church in Los Angeles, CA. He dedicated his life to Christ in his youth, and the late Elder R.W. Nelson baptized him at the Market Street SDA Church in Oakland, California.
Pastor Dent served two years as a Sargent in the Korean War from October 1952 to August 1954. He became a Medical Technician and advanced to the position of Supervisor of Surgery.
He spent two years at Pacific Union College in Angwin CA. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Theology at Oakwood University in Hunstville, AL, and his Masters of Divinity degree at Andrew University in Berrien Springs, MI.
He spent over 40 years of his ministry in the Pacific Union Conference as evangelist, pastor and associate pastor. He retired in the fall of 2005. He continues his ministry by preaching weekly to those who are incarcerated.
Pastor Dent likes to sing, travel, and read God's Word. He and his wife, Shirley, were blessed with two sons and two daughters. They have 1 grandson and 4 granddaughters.
His favorite scripture is Isaiah 41:10: "Fear thou not, for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness", and his favorite quote is: "Keep Looking Up!"
- 12/29/2016 PM - Believe It Or Not
- 12/15/2016 PM - Get Ready, Be Ready
- 12/09/2016 PM - Getting On Board The Ship Of Zion
- 12/01/2016 PM - Taking Care Of One's Temple
- 11/25/2016 PM - Attitude Is Altitude
- 11/03/2016 PM - Talk With The Lord
- 10/06/2016 PM - Teaching Our Children To Call On Jesus
- 09/22/2016 PM - The Lord Taught Us To Pray
- 09/20/2016 PM - The Shepherd Is Our Leader
- 09/05/2016 PM - Preparing For The Sabbath
- 08/25/2016 PM - I will Deliver You
- 08/11/2016 PM - Which Way Is Right?
- 08/09/2016 PM - Are You Praying "Our Father" Or " Dear Jesus?"
- 07/29/2016 PM - To Obey God Or To Obey Evil
- 07/28/2016 PM - Fear Not!
- 07/14/2016 PM - Know What's Happening Around Us & Within Us
- 06/30/2016 PM - Memoirs From WW II
- 06/16/2016 PM - Are You Watching Or Sleeping?
- 06/03/2016 PM - God Will Take Care Of You
- 05/30/2016 PM - Call Upon God
- 05/13/2016 PM - Babylon, Confusion, Is Back Here!
- 05/06/2016 PM - Are You ready For Jesus To Come?
- 04/22/2016 PM - O Lord ,I put My TRust In You!
- 04/15/2016 PM - Hope For Years To Come
- 04/08/2016 PM - Faith
- 04/03/2016 PM - What Love Is
- 03/25/2016 PM - Without Faith ,It's Impossible To Please God
- 03/13/2016 PM - Love Vs. Lust
- 03/11/2016 PM - Understanding Fear
- 02/26/2016 PM - How Are You Living Your Life?
- 02/12/2016 PM - The Importance Of Prayer
- 01/29/2016 PM - The Time Is Near;How To Keep The Sabbath
- 01/15/2016 PM - Sin and Faith
- 01/01/2015 PM - E.G.White, The Prophetess For The Latter Days
- 12/29/2015 PM - Love One Another
- 12/18/2015 PM - Reach Out To Heaven
- 12/15/2015 PM - Heaven Is Sublime
- 12/04/2015 PM - Stop Sign
- 11/27/2015 PM - Lord ,Have Mercy!
- 11/20/2015 PM - The Time Is Near
- 11/06/2015 PM - Truth
- 10/09/2015 PM - What Is Patience?
- 09/25/2015 PM- Following The Lord's Way Of Righteousness
- 09/20/2015 PM - Do You Trust God?
- 09/11/2015 PM - In Harmony With God's Will
- 08/14/2015 PM - Whose Voice Do You Listen To?
- 08/13/2015 PM - Keep Looking Up!
- 08/10/2015 PM - Which Way? Up Or Down?
- 07/31/2015 PM - Walking With Jesus
- 07/22/2015 PM - Obey God & Not Obey Man
- 07/03/2015 PM - A World Of Toil and Tribulation
- 06/19/2015 PM - The Lord Is My Shepherd
- 06/12/2015 PM - The Signs Are Talking
- 06/05/2015 PM - Do You Understand The World We Are Living?
- 05/22/2015 PM - How Long
- 05/08/2015 PM- Why and How We Pray
- 05/01/2015 PM - Troubled In Every Side but not in Distress
- 01/30/2015 PM
- 01/16/2015 PM
- 01/02/2015 PM
Last Updated (Thursday, 27 April 2017 20:42)